If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of any illness, PLEASE STAY HOME. We serve a vulnerable population and it is not worth the health or safety of others to come out if you might be sick. Symptoms can include runny nose, coughing, sneezing, chills, aches, diarrhea, vomiting, or any other variety of symptoms that indicate ill health. Even if you think it is just allergies, a cold, a mild case of whatever – please call to cancel your appointment and do not come in until all signs and symptoms have resolved. We will waive all last minute cancellation fees for patients who have legitimate signs of illness.
The best way to protect yourself from any illness is to take a pro-active and preventative approach. Steps include:
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds and do it frequently.
- Keep your hands off your face.
- Avoid unnecessary trips out of your home for the time being.
- Avoid large crowds and gatherings – even with friends, family or people you know.
- Respect and listen to CDC guidelines related to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Ways to boost your immune system may include:
- Vitamins and supplements like Vitamin D, Zinc, Vitamin C, Echinacea, Elderberry, or Colloidal Silver may help strengthen your immune system to help you better fight off any pathogens you do come in contact with. Many of these are available online, at local health food stores (Sprouts, Mt. Hope), or even at Bashas. We also carry Standard Process supplements which offer a variety of immune boosting options. If you would like to place an order or want more information, please let us know. These are not a cure for COVID-19 nor will they guarantee that you will not get it. Please discuss any new supplement regimens with your healthcare provider particularly if you are taking prescription medications that may interact with certain supplements.
- Drink a lot of water.
- Reduce sugar and alcohol intake.
- Eat a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Turn off your TV – constantly exposing yourself to news of the virus may increase anxiety levels. If you are feeling anxious consider reading a book, going for a walk, or calling someone to talk.
- Don’t panic – while the news may make this seem very scary, the precautions in place are designed to reduce the spread and keep everyone safer. This will pass.
- Get outside and enjoy fresh air and sunshine.
To our elderly, pregnant, or other immunocompromised patients:
If you are concerned to come out for risk of exposure, we understand. Please just call to cancel and we will reschedule you for a later time. We may also be able to offer an appointment outside of regular hours to limit your exposure. Please just let us know your concerns and we will work to accommodate you when possible.
Extra measures to keep a clean environment:
While we strive to provide a clean and sanitary environment all of the time, we are taking extra measures to keep surfaces clean and disinfected. Please help us with the effort by washing your hands, avoid touching surfaces that do not need to be touched, and again staying home if you are experiencing any signs of illness of any kind. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Our primary concern is our patient’s health and at this time it is important that we all work together to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Please try to bring cash in exact change or a pre-written check to pay for your appointment to avoid having to touch the credit card terminal.
- Please do not bring additional people to your visit. Only people on the schedule for the day will be permitted to enter.
- While we will try to limit people waiting or gathering, if there are other people in the office, please keep your distance from them or wait outside the office until they leave.
If you have extra food or supplies on hand that you would like to donate to those who need them, please feel free to drop them by the clinic and we will make them available to people in need.
Check in with your elderly neighbors to see if they need any assistance getting basic supplies or just need some company.